Asia's top 1,00 companies 'more likely' to change transaction banking relationships, says East & Partners
New research from Australian research firm East & Partners suggests Asia's leading corporations are becoming more likely to change their primary transaction banking partner.
East & Partners has been surveying Asian institutions since 2004. Back then, 12.7 percent of Asia’s Top 1,000 institutions said a change in their primary transaction banking relationship was either “definite” or “high probable.” By 2009, at the height of the financial crisis, that figure had fallen to 6.1%, but in 2013 that figure has rebounded spectacularly to18.8%.
"This equates to just under 200 of the region’s biggest institutions changing bank in the next six months", says East.
The next survey takes place in November 2013; meanwhile the current survey is available here.
Leave a Reply.
Sign up to receive our newsletter
Make sure you hear the news about new courses and other developments in transaction banking by signing up for our newsletter
News & Resources
We welcome submissions from educational and commercial organisations, subject to our content guidelines. You can get a monthly update straight to your inbox by signing up below.